Monday, September 15, 2008

"I don't know . . . what do you want to do?"


When Brent and I moved into our current ward, we met Quin and Natalie Smith as they were moving out. We were glad that we met them that day because they have become some of our favorite people in Bakersfield, definitely one of our favorite doubling couples. It seems there's always some excitement to be found with the Smiths around (often involving automobiles *See "A hitch in our git-along"). These pictures are from Greek Fest hosted by the Greek Orthodox Church here in Bakersfield. Really good food!

Alas, I don't have pictures from the real excitement that night. Prior to our entrance to the Fest, we saw a man get hit by a car. Well, actually Brent was the only one tall enough to see the whole thing, but we sure heard it and Quin and Brent rushed to the scene. The man wasn't knocked unconscious, but he definitely had a large lump on the back of his skull and probably a broken pelvis. It was something I never thought I'd witness in my life, nor do I ever want to again. 

The Smiths are so cool that they even wear Converse.
The Smiths really like sushi. Brent also really likes sushi, so Jenn is trying to acclimate her palate to such epicurean tastes . . . we'll see how she does. She has the feeling that more sushi nights are in her future. 



*A note about my Brent: Brent really likes chopsticks. Usually they are used for what they were intended, namely eating Asian food. He never uses a fork if chopsticks are an option. Occasionally though, they are put to less conventional but far more entertaining pursuits. Case in point:

1 comment:

  1. We love hanging out with you guys! and your blog has a tendency to strech my vocabulary!

    ReplyDelete