1. When God created the earth, I wonder if He sometimes experimented.
Speaking of the lemon: "Hmmm, this is good, but what would it be like in green?"
2. Speaking of citrus, my little boy loves it! The more tart and sour the better. We gave him a slice of lemon the other day which he immediately stuffed in his mouth. Then he pulled it out and just giggled because the taste was so new. Over and over he licked the lemon and then giggled. Once he'd sucked that slice dry, he reached for another one. Now he'll go to our stash and bring me a lemon or a grapefruit to cut open for him. What a ham!
3. Sundays go so much better, life goes so much better, when I've adequately prepared. Organization - of my time and my space - is not my strong suit and is something that I'm trying to work on. Amazing that I made it through grad school, right? I'm realizing that for most things I have to start preparing MUCH sooner than I would usually start. I'm still pondering and learning. This article from the Ensign has given me much to think about how my physical preparation mirrors my spiritual preparation.
4. I speak differently through a pen and a sheet of paper than I do to a screen and a keyboard. Funny that I should have this epiphany now, but I suppose it's a matter of audience.
5. My little boy does not like the song, "My Heavenly Father Loves Me." Every time I sing it around the house, he breaks down in tears which quickly turn to sobs if I don't stop. I was asked to play a duet with a friend at church for a special musical number. We decided to play a gorgeous arrangement of that song. I was worried that today's number might be a bit rough for him. Turns out my concerns were realized. Brent had to take him out. We used to sing it to him to help him sleep when he was just new. Now he thinks that it means bedtime, and the hysterics begin.
6. So grateful for music in my life. I was honored to participate in the number at church today. I was blessed in my preparation of the number. I was blessed to be able to create something beautiful with someone else and feel our relationship grow. I hope those who heard it could feel the testimony in our hearts that we endeavored to share, and that I was not the only one who left strengthened.
And just one more because he's just so darn cute.