Tuesday, April 7, 2009

I've been remiss . . .

It's been a busy month, and I haven't been very good about keeping up here. Sorry! I made a list of the "catching up" items, but "there is too much, let me sum up."
  • one trip to Mesa for my brother-in-law's wedding (we love you John & Chantel!)
  • living and breathing the heavenly scent of orange blossoms (I miss Arizona in March for this very reason)
  • My brother, Marc turned 18! (Welcome to adulthood, brother! You're amazing!)
  • I'm still tired all the time (literally, I can take a 2 hour nap and still go to bed by 9:30) Brent has been so understanding and patient with me, and I'm so grateful!
  • Settlers of Catan has become the favorite game of the Hill household. We've had lots of friends over and we love it!
  • We had our first ultrasound. Brent feels like it's real now. We're actually having a baby, and it's developing right on schedule. The doctor even moved the due date up a week (10/07/09) Sorry, my scanner's not working, so it's going to be a while before I get that picture up here. Be patient with me, please. I'd just take a picture of the picture, but we're missing a transfer cable too . . . Apparently I'm technologically challenged at the moment. 
  • Brent and I want new neighbors. The current ones smoke like a chimney. And they don't just smoke tobacco. Yeah. 
  • My appetite is back. The only trouble now is that nothing sounds good. Pretty much ever. Unless it's something that's terrible for me due to the inevitable accompanying heartburn (like tomatoes or anything cooked in the slightest amount of grease).
In other news, I loved General Conference. It was such a boost for me. It somehow always comes at the best time (meaning the time when I'm feeling the most stale and stagnant). The counsel given was so timely. From Robert D. Hales' talk about provident living to D. Todd Christofferson's talk about being strong Christians to the talks about the temple, I feel richly fed. Of course, I feel like there are so many areas for improvement in my life, but I feel hopeful about it too. 

It's interesting that I can feel simultaneously completely inadequate and yet hopeful. I guess it's that I recognize that I'm far from perfect, but I have the assurance that I'm on the best path for me at this time. I'm hopeful because I'm not alone on this path - I have some help. I have so much to learn, but I'm excited to learn it! 

4 comments:

  1. Soooo, did your appetite come back after your neighbors started smoking "not just tobacco"?
    -Quin
    (Natalie made me put my name on it, so as not to be accused of writing such hilariously whitty comments)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, hang in there my friend. :) I CRAVED tomatoes, isn't that weird? I was immune to the heartburn I guess. I'm so excited for you guys ... and anxious for your technology to get on your side so we can have pictures. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so happy for you both! Sounds like everything is going well for you! I miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, Quin, I think I would have known it was you even without you putting your name to it. Actually, few things can make me nauseous-unto-vomiting faster than the smell of their smoke. No munchies for me.

    ReplyDelete