Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Cravings

While the following may not be food cravings, they nevertheless rest in the same place of longing in my soul as a good hankering for tasty food. There are two things that have been tantalizing the edges of my thoughts for the past few days. I find myself dreaming about these things. They creep up behind me during my workday, and beat me over the head leaving me dazed and feeling empty. 

What has been afflicting me so? It's completely irrational, I know that. I feel like pregnancy gives me a little wiggle room for irrationality. 

First, I want to go to DIsneyland. I've only been once to the happiest place on earth. Two years ago I went with my whole family (save Devon who was serving as a missionary in Idaho at the time). It was heavenly. I want to go back there. Tomorrow.

Second, I wish it was Christmas. I've been singing carols all week. And smelling cinnamon. I know that there are places in the world still receiving snow. I can't tell you the last time I saw snow . . . maybe last year? But I'm craving a chill in the weather. And warm, baked goods. And family - lots of family.

Maybe I'm just wanting family close and people pulling together in a spirit of harmony and love. Either way, I know I'm not going to fill either calling any time soon. A girl can dream . . . 

3 comments:

  1. Settlers of Catan, eh? That's our new favorite game! We'll have to play together sometime! We have Game Night every Friday at our house (after the girls are in bed). We've been doing this since we moved to Oklahoma, almost 2 years ago. Anyways, CONGRATS on the pregnancy! Spencer's birthday is October 14, so that's my guess of when your baby will come. Hope all is going well for you! Miss ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been wanting Disneyland too :( We had to cancel two trips this year because of these "trips." I wouldn't trade it for the world, but I still want to go!! I find myself looking up the rides on youtube and dreaming... or watching a lot of Disney movies :)It will be fun to go someday with the kids though :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha! I totally understand. I have been wanting to go to disneyland lately too. Maybe the four of us should just do it before we become the six of us!

    ReplyDelete