Monday, November 19, 2007

Candy is dandy, but liquor is quicker.

Sorry to disappoint; this post has nothing to do with imbibing inebriants. I just wanted to share few lines from one of my favorite poets. I love his sententiousness. It's not a birthday or any other day set apart to recognize his witticism; I just feel that laughing should happen every day, and I hope these contribute to your daily quota of laughter. (I mean, doesn't that face just make you want to laugh before you've even heard anything he's got to say?)




“What's the Use”
by Ogden Nash

Sure, deck your limbs in pants,
Yours are the limbs, my sweeting.
You look divine as you advance . . .
Have you seen yourself retreating?


"Song of the Open Road"
by Ogden Nash

I think that I shall never see
A billboard lovely as a tree.
Perhaps, unless the billboards fall,
I'll never see a tree at all.

2 comments:

  1. Turned out pretty good. It was an odd mixture of good friends and lots of aunts & uncles. I love them all, but they don't mix socially very well. I think everyone had a good time though. Thanks for asking. How are you guys?

    ReplyDelete