Sunday, June 5, 2011

Quiet Morning


With the end of the school year, Brent promised me that I could sleep in yesterday. That's right, I got to sleep in. All the way to 8:00. Which is amazing, considering that I haven't gotten up later than 6am since who knows when.

So, today, when I woke up at 7:40 (which still feels like sleeping in), I was amazed that my house is still silent with slumbering boys. Bruce never sleeps past 7, so I was sure he'd be awake at any moment. Not so, it's just me and the happily singing house finches outside me window.

I appreciate the quiet. The time to study and ponder without any darling little distractions. Or just as darling big ones. I am amazed at how much lighter I feel without all of my looming end-of-the-year deadlines. The only deadlines I really have for the next couple of months are self-imposed ones.

Books to read, projects to finish, letters to write, days to swim, walks to take, piano pieces to learn, a cello to practice, research projects to start, food to make, family vacations to take, memories to make.

Mostly, I'm excited about having some time to devote to becoming a happier, healthier me. Call it mid-year's resolutions. I'm very excited to see what this summer holds.



Spiritual enlightenment here

2 comments: