Wednesday, January 28, 2009

My first thought this morning

Once the haze left-over from dreamland had burned off, these words echoed in the back of my mind.

i thank You God for most this amazing
day: for the leaping greenly spirits of trees
and a blue true dream of sky; and for everything
which is natural which is infinite which is yes

(i who have died am alive again today,
and this is the sun's birthday; this is the birth
day of life and of love and wings: and of the gay
great happening illimitably earth)

how should tasting touching hearing seeing 
breathing any -- lifted from the no 
of allnothing -- human merely being 
doubt unimaginable You?

(now the ears of my ears awake and
now the eyes of my eyes are opened)
- e.e. cummings

So, even though I have a head-cold and I feel like I'm suffocating (be it from the inversion or the stopped-up bronchials), I knew today couldn't be all that bad. 

2 comments:

  1. Ok I have been looking at every Block Buster & Hollywood Video for the 2006 Jane Eyer! No luck yet- so I think I am just going to order it on Amazon! Where did you get yours?

    ReplyDelete