Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Elvis Has Left The Building

Sometime in April of 2007, this car showed up at my apartment complex. It sat in front of the manager's office for 2 days or so until a lovely little ticket appeared on its windshield. Then, it somehow managed to move itself over to the area where I park my car. And it sat. For at least 8 months. And never moved. 
Normally, you would hardly notice if a car moved or not, but this one was hard to ignore. I've watched it collect dust, and leak oil, and almost rust before my eyes. I thought it surprising that such an individual car wouldn't budge for so long. Especially since it had a car-seat inside, and a little backpack, and little girl shoes. 

So, today when I got home from work and saw only a large oil spot and dusty tire tracks leading away from where that car stood. It doesn't look like the car went willingly.To tell you the truth, I almost missed it. Almost. 

You can see why:


Talk about your fixer-upper. Words cannot describe the hideousness of this car. I don't know where it's gone to, but I say good riddance. Thank you for leaving, Car. Thank you very much.

2 comments: