Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Come to 'Zona, Come to 'Zona!

This dear, sweet, wonderful, thoughtful, charming man is my husband. He surprised me with a long-stemmed red rose tonight. For no reason at all. I love that man!




This same wonderful man took me to Arizona for the weekend last weekend to visit my family (and his brother). I know it was a sacrifice of his time, but I was ever so grateful!

(Arizona or bust!)


This is my brother, Devon. Devon just returned home from serving a mission for our Church in Boise, Idaho. He hadn't met my husband yet, and we figured it was time they became acquainted. 

While we were home, we enjoyed many various pursuits. Just to name a few. . . 
  • Visited John (Brent's older brother) and his friend Chantelle (sorry, friends, I don't have a good picture of you, thus, your smiling faces are not featured here)
  • Brent and I doubled with the newly-returned missionary. Cafe Rio and goofy golf - it doesn't get much better than that. Jill discovered that Devon wasn't the only funny member of the Johnson clan.
  • Visited the Mesa temple with Brent, John, and Chantelle (I love that place! I love those people!)
  • Much singing and laughing (here's just an taste)
  • Combat Yahtzee (a Hill tradition to which I say: SEVEN!! SEVEN!! SEVEN!!)
  • Bahama Bucks 
We had a wonderful time!!


Here's a story I just have to share. My charming husband gave my mom quite a start. She came out Sunday morning to this:
See, when Brent woke up, the showers were all occupied as everyone was getting ready for Church. So, he decided to go eat breakfast in all his towel-ed glory in order to not waste any time . . . Unfortunately for Mom, she didn't see the towel and jumped to awkward conclusions about her son-in-law. 

I wish I could have been in the room to witness the scene. My brothers say they've never seen Mom blush like that. 

In other news . . . 
This lovely couple just announced their engagement. I couldn't be happier for them!

2 comments:

  1. Glad your brother is back and you had such an awesome visit! The bathroom situation is weird when we go to Roosevelt. I've been walked in on by 2 brother in laws by accident. Not too much to hide at that point. At least Brent had a towel on...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love awkward mother in law/ husband moments.... they are the best. we have had a couple of those. They make your family stronger :) Love ya Jenn!

    ReplyDelete