Sunday, February 3, 2008

The week in review

A sad passing. I was sad when I heard the news, but I don't think it really hit me until I watched the funeral yesterday. President Hinckley will be sorely missed. So much has been said about how he cared for the individual. I know that my life was individually influenced by his service as the 15th Prophet of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. In remembering him and his life this week, I feel like I have some personal experiences with him, even though I never had the opportunity to look him in the eye as I shook his hand. He was truly "a giant among men" as has been said. I'm happy for him to be moving on to the next step.

In other news, I had the opportunity to visit a dear friend last weekend. It had been far too long and we had a fabulous time! We visited the Jelly Belly Factory, walked along the American River, saw some of Napa Valley, and laughed the whole time. Thanks for a great visit, K!




I think I will call him the Goose Whisperer.



Ooh, in other exciting news. I ran into a girl I've met since I've moved here unexpectedly at the store the other day. It's like I live here now.

3 comments:

  1. I love Kris, and I love Fairfield. And the Jelly Belly Factory is pretty cool. And only wearing a sweatshirt makes me jealous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these pictures! So cute! They make me giddy for you :) I stayed with your family this weekend, and it was terrific to see them!! I still miss Arizona...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jenn, dear!! Thank you for these wonderful pictures!!!! You're in our prayers, and I'm so excited to see you soon! :)

    ReplyDelete