Sunday, January 23, 2011

Missing the cello

There have been complaints about my absence. I feel badly, but I am just one me, and I guess I'm learning that I can only really focus on one thing at a time. I've been trying to get myself more organized and working on some healthier habits. More on that later. I promise.

In the meantime, I have something to admit. Every now and again, I get in a funk. Not a bad funk, but always a funk in which I wish I had more time in life. More time, especially, to devote to music like I used to. I really miss it.

I've really been missing the cello lately (probably thanks to that lovely Christmas Cello CD by Steven Sharp Nelson that I received for Christmas - thanks Mom and Dad!). I miss spending that much time developing those talents and that other voice. I miss the chance to really connect with something more spiritual and create something beautiful. And I miss the fun that comes with those connections - be it with an instrumental group, or even an audience.

So, in light of that, I thought I'd share a little slice of joy (and longing) with you. I hope you enjoy!





And another:



And for fun:

3 comments:

  1. I have missed you! So glad to hear from you again. I wish you had a little Bakersfield orchestra you could participate in once a week or something. You should do a Monday night concert for your fam!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, friend! I miss you too! The problem with the community orchestra idea is that you have to own an instrument. Once I get that problem fixed, I'll be in business!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, wow. Those two make amazing, soulful music on a beautiful instrument that shares a special place in my heart, too. And honestly, there is something super hot about two guys in leather jackets using shredded bows to "rock" out on black cellos. :) That was great music to wake up to. Thanks for sharing, Jenn!

    ReplyDelete