Saturday, January 2, 2010

Home again, home again, jiggety jig

We're back home again, after spending an extended vacation 500 miles from here with dear family and friends. After being gone for a month, we had to start the new year running errands to get our life in order again. As we were heading out of Costco, I overheard the funniest thing. There was a child sitting in the front of a shopping cart, and using his whiningest voice, he repeated over and over, "I just want to be a good boy, Mom." The sound of his voice and the meaning of his words were so incongruous that I couldn't help but laugh.

As wonderful as our month away was, I must admit, it's good to be home.

3 comments:

  1. Glad you got to be home for a bit but sorry I missed out on seeing you. Oh, and excellent use of the word "incongruous". Top notch, really.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I'm glad I did get to see you and your adorable bundle of joy. Bruce is such a sweetie! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree - it's always so good to get back home!

    ReplyDelete