Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Introducing . . .

Bruce Aaron Hill. Born on October 9, 2009. Weight: 8 lbs, 12 oz. Length: 21 inches.

Lucky for me, it was a pretty classic labor (once he finally decided to come). My mom got into town last Monday to help me get ready for his arrival. We walked, we cleaned, we nested. Then we waited. Patience is not one of my virtues, but I don't think I was nearly as anxious as Brent was for his arrival. Finally, on Friday morning, I woke up feeling terribly. I just knew it had to be that day. We went on a walk, and the contractions were already going. I got home and showered, and then I could no longer stand. 

Thankfully, we found a brother in the ward who could come over and help Brent administer a blessing. Then we were off to the hospital. Of course, our little guy would come on a day when we hit every red light. There was an accident on the major road, so we had to detour through more traffic, but we arrived soon enough and were checked in. 

From there, labor went just as it was supposed to. I am amazed at the human body. Labor was a harrowing and hallowing experience, one that I'm honored to have been a part of. I was so grateful to have Brent and my mom there with me. I needed that moral support. I got a little dehydrated and had to wait for the IV drip to finish before they gave me an epidural (around 2). Then, it was up to my body to do the rest of the work. Around 6:00 we started pushing, and Bruce arrived at 6:30 on the nose. 

He's already got me wrapped around his little fingers. There is just nothing that compares to having a new, sweet little baby in your home. I'm honored to be his mother, and I hope I can live up to this sacred calling. 

On Bruce's due date. Still two days to wait.
Is it time-o?

I got to hold Bruce minutes after he came. I have no words to describe the feeling of welcoming a new little person to this earth.  
Our new little family.

This just feels so right.
Weighing in.

It's so bright!
Bonding with dad
I love the look on Dad's face in this one. 
Bruce has really dark eyes. I'm betting they'll go brown.
Left to right: Brent, Dr. Ynostroza, me, Bruce, Mom, and Debbie (Brent's mom)
Hi, Mom. 
Look, I can suck two thumbs at once. 
Sleeping so good. 
Welcome home, little Bruce. 

12 comments:

  1. He is so precious! Congrats Hill Family, you are an amazing mom and I hope you get to enjoy every moment!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH my goodness! I am so so so happy right now! You gave me goosebumps! You really are going to be the greatest mom! I am so excited and happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats! Im glad everything went well. He is absolutely beautiful ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Three cheers for such precious moments! I'm so glad everything went well. Everyone looks so happy - and Bruce is a cutie! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a doll! congratulations Jennifer...so excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations Jenn! Way to go! Being a mom is the best and I know you'll be great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yea Jenn! We are so happy for you! He is so precious! Great men are born on October 9th (that's my husband, brother-in-law, and nephew's birthday). We're glad he finally made it (and I'm sure you are too!)

    ReplyDelete
  8. CONGRATS!!!! I can't wait to meet him!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Jenn, What a beautiful baby. I'm so happy for you and your husband. Babies are such a joy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations Jennifer! He's beautiful!! Thank you for sharing your wonderful news with all of us!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh Jen, what a beautiful baby boy!! We are so happy for you and Brent. There's nothing greater than being a MOM!!!! Miss you......

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's me, Shelly C. That's my comment above. I see my account is under Michele, so I didn't know if you would know it's me............

    ReplyDelete