Thursday, August 21, 2008

Schedule me in for next Thursday . . .

Me: Good morning, Mr. M., it's time to get up for the stroke education class.

Mr. M: Oh, I don't think I need to go to that. I didn't plan to have my stroke. I just went in for a routine check-up and I'll be going home soon. Since I wasn't planning on this, I don't think it applies to me.

Me: Mr. M, no one plans to have a stroke (it's really called a cerebral vascular accident - unplanned by definition). This class is just to inform you about the changes to your mind and body since your stroke and will give you ideas about how to prepare for home. 

Mr. M: Ah, well, I guess it can't hurt. I'll go see what this is about. 


I've giggled about that all day. "Oh, I didn't plan this . . . " Some days, I love my job.

4 comments:

  1. Oh Jenny, welcome back! I so loved looking at your life so far as Mrs./Sis. Hill! Keep those fun time a rollin'!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol! Maybe that funny statement is a product of some of the "changes" in his mind. My mom would say the funniest things after her brain surgery. She eventually got things put back together pretty well, but every once in a while, she was say something that kept us giggling for hours. Too fun! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's what I like to see, blogs from Jenn Jenn! Thanks for sharing and keep it up! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't had a stroke, but I must say, some days I wake up and think...but I didn't plan for this to happen. Doesn't life do that to all of us sometimes?

    ReplyDelete