Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night!

I love Christmas. It was an Apache Christmas for me this year, meaning that it snuck up on me from behind. I guess I was just too caught up in the move, but I hardly knew it was upon me before I was boarding a bus to take a plane home.

There have been beautiful shining moments of Christmas cheer that have shone through in the last couple of weeks - like the Christmas cards I wasn't expecting to receive, the hayride, the program at the assisted living center, the Christmas tree so thoughtfully brought to me, and small moments of selflessness that have enriched my life in the past two weeks.

It's been a busy month. I tell you what, it's been quite the adjustment for me to not have internet access on a daily basis. I feel cut off, for sure, but other than that, I have no complaints about my new situation in Bakersfield.

As for an update on Bakersfield living, I'm adjusting to my job. I thought I had a handle on things and that I was ready to just step into my therapistly duties. It has been a trial by fire - I hadn't realized how much support I was receiving from my supervisor until she was out sick. No one's dead on my watch yet, though, so I guess things went okay without her.

The biggest change in my life these past couple of weeks has been one that I was never expecting. Sure, I hoped for it, but having never experienced it for myself, I had no idea it could happen to me. I have a boyfriend! The news still blind-sides me.

Sorry, I don't have any pictures yet as I was camera-less until about 12 hours ago. But, let me tell you, he's wonderful! He's really been a blessing to me these past few weeks, and I just hope he can say the same of me. In the meantime, let's just say that I'm gigglier than ever (yes, I am slightly ashamed to admit it), I blush more easily these days, and I frequently find myself grinning for no reason whatsoever. My recent relocation is quickly becoming one of the best things that has ever happened to me. Who knew?

7 comments:

  1. Congratulations, Jenn! I am so happy for you! Mike and I were just recently talking about how you are such a diamond in the rough, and that we were surprised that no one was smart enough to see it. There have been a few times that I am glad I got to my husband before someone else, and you are one of them. Can't wait to meet the boyfriend!!
    P.S. This is Sarah, obviously!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My Jenny Friend!! Look I found your blog! I love you! I am so excited for you! Congrats on your job and boy and everything. You continue to be such a great example to me! good luck with everything, and I'll be keeping tabs on you with your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YOUR BLOG................ ITS VERY NICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on your new everything! I am so glad your relocation is going so well! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I showed up at your brother's reception just to see you and I was so bummed to hear you were back in California! Congrats on the boyfriend, yes please put pictures on your blog. You deserve the best! (well actually I got the best-Spencer-and he's taken)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't believe Christmas has already come and gone! It went by WAY to quickly! Congrats on your job - I'm sure you are doing a FABULOUS job with it!

    I'm glad you like your new town - and boyfriend! I'm sure he's a great guy - the fact that you like him means he has to be something special!!! I hope that he is SO good to you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jenny...I am waiting with bated breath for your next installment! I am demanding some wit!

    ReplyDelete