Wednesday, April 6, 2011


It's spring, and all I can think about is how much I wish I had a garden. Oh, the woes of apartment living. We don't get enough sun to really have pots, but we're trying. Last year, we had them all over the ledges, even out on the ledge over the stairs, but they threatened to evict us if we didn't remove them. As we're in the process of buying a house, I don't really care this year. It's not like they can kick us out. We're moving anyway (hopefully!)

Anyway, if I did have the space and the means, this is what would be in my garden this year.

Lilies
pictures from here, here, and here

Petunia
I took this one!

I just wish I knew what this one was. I'm guessing some kind of lily, but I can't find it anywhere. We saw it up at the sequoias last year.

5 comments:

  1. Looks like a yellow tiger lily to me (I just googled it). Orange tiger lilies grow all over in NY.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Vickie! It's been driving me crazy. I'll have to see if I can find some here that open upside down like that. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. :( We've got an okay amount of sunlight in our apartment, but I still worry about what little hands might do with all that dirt. We currently have a paper cup full of tomato plants, and I have no idea where to move them to.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Remember the talking flowers you guys used to have in your old house? They were my favorite! You should have some of them, too. They could remind you of Arizona... and me :)
    PS- Good luck in your house hunting!

    ReplyDelete