Wednesday, July 14, 2010

How Time Flies

Yesterday, I had a moment of frustration and embarrassment. Sure, I can look at it now and laugh, but at the time, it was thoroughly exasperating.

I was already frustrated because we were running a bit late. I got the baby settled in his seat. I picked up my purse, the pump, my diaper bag, and my lunch while Brent started the car. Then I jumped in and we took off.

As we pulled up to work, I started unloading the car and double checking my saddle bags. Uh oh! Something was missing. In my haste to load everything in the car, I had put my planner on top of the car. Now that selfsame planner was lost, likely strewn across the thoroughfare to work.

My sweet husband offered to return and search for it. Desperately, I hoped it would just be in our parking lot. Alas, I was not so fortunate. The planner sat precariously balanced for a surprising distance, but it just couldn't maintain it's hold. Unfortunately for me, I had a bunch of loose papers in it that are now lost to the wind . . . and the canal. Luckily for me, however, the planner survived, largely unscathed. And that's how time flew.

No comments:

Post a Comment