Sunday, June 7, 2009

The happiest place on earth


I was talking to a co-worker on Friday about weekend plans. When she asked what I was up to, I mentioned that my husband and I were planning to visit the Los Angeles Temple on Saturday. Having had a sister married there, she was familiar with the building.

"Oh, that's a beautiful place!," she exclaimed. I echoed her sentiments and told her I love the peace you can feel there, even on the grounds. You can hardly hear the city from there. "I know!," she said, "it's almost like Disneyland!" 

At first, I was a little taken aback by her analogy. I hadn't thought of it like that, but I could see where she was coming from. From someone who has only been limited the grounds of one of the Mormon temples, I am honored that she would make such a comparison. Both are places apart from the world. Both are places that celebrate families and focus on happiness. 

How grateful I am that we have access to lasting joy in this life! The temple truly is the happiest place on earth. 



*Photo taken from here.

2 comments:

  1. Cute blog! I love the picture of the dragonfly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So true! Hahah, "Disneyland." That's gonna make me chuckle all night.

    ReplyDelete